2017: European Variety (4710)
10 days from Paris to Milan
PARIS Novotel La Defense (F) or Timhotel Berthier (ST)BEAUNE AREA Ibis Beaune Centre (ST)INTERLAKEN Carlton Europe (ST)LUCERNE AREA Krone (ST) at Sarnen or Ibis (ST) at KriensMILAN Leonardo City Center (F) or Starhotels Business Palace (F)
Call (800) 571-4510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13320773
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore the French capital. Tonight, meetyour Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Paris||Paris is a world-class city that probably has more familiar landmarks than almost any other city in the world. This morning, see these sites during the included city tour. In the company of an expert Local Guide, view the famous Arc de Triomphe, Opera, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, and much more. In the afternoon, feel like a French aristocrat on the optional walking tour through the opulent Palace of Versailles. Tonight, consider joining the optional dinner. (B)|
|Day 3||Beaune||Travel to Beaune, the region's wine capital since Roman times. A walled city, about half of Beaune's battlements, ramparts, and the moat have survived, providing a true sense of what it was like here in medieval times. Visit the famed HOTEL-DIEU charity hospital, founded in 1443 to treat destitute plague victims. Marvel at the multi-colored tile rooftop, half-timber architecture, and splendid panel paintings. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Interlaken||Cross the border into Switzerland for a visit to the French-speaking city of Lausanne. Situated on the shores of Lake Geneva, this has been recognized as the 'Olympic Capital' and hosts more than 55 international sport associations. Enjoy a scenic drive around the lake before heading towards Bern, Switzerland's charming 12th-century capital. Here, with the explanation of a Local Guide, see the Old Town, a showcase of medieval architecture, arcaded shops, artistic fountains, and the landmark Zytglogge (clock tower), a whimsical animated astronomical clock built in 1530. Travel on, skirting the shores of Lake Thun, and arrive in the idyllic resort of Interlaken. (B)|
|Day 5||Interlaken||Travel to the lovely village of Grindelwald in the Bernese Oberland for an unforgettable day of alpine scenery. At Grindelwald, board the Jungfraujoch train and travel to the 'Top of Europe.' The highest railway station in Europe is located 11,332 feet (3,454 meters) above sea level. The train ride across 13,020-foot Eiger and 13,474-foot Monch is an unforgettable experience. From the viewing platforms on Aletsch Glacier or in the Ice Palace, admire the panoramic wonderland of ice, snow, and rock. Return to Grindelwald to board the coach back to Interlaken. (B)|
|Day 6||Lucerne||Enter Entlebuch at the foot of the Alps, Canton Lucerne's largest and most picturesque region. A UNESCO Biosphere Reserve since 2001, it is home to rugged karst formations, wild mountain streams, green pastures, and unspoiled moors dotted with wildflowers and dark spruce forests. Listen closely and you may just hear the dulcet tones of distant cowbells! While here, visit a SHEEP FARM and taste the local produce. Continue to Lucerne and visit the world-famous CHAPEL BRIDGE and poignant LION MONUMENT. (B)|
|Day 7||Lucerne||Nestled between snowcapped Alps, its lake, and the clear mountain waters of the Reuss River, Lucerne is one of Switzerland's finest cities-and the whole day is free to explore on your own. Consider shopping for that quintessential Swiss watch, or maybe join one of the optional activities, including Mount Stanserhorn or a cruise on the fjord-like lake! (B,D)|
|Day 8||Milan||More wonderful alpine scenery awaits as you travel into the mountain ranges that surround massive St. Gotthard. Into the warmth and sunshine of Canton Ticino. Stop in beautiful Lugano and stroll along the lakeside promenade. Before leaving Switzerland, there is time to visit a luxury shopping outlet on the way to Milan, hub of Italy's economic miracle and the capital of fashion. (B)|
|Day 9||Milan||During your included visit of this dynamic city, marvel at the awe-inspiring Duomo. One of the largest cathedrals in the world, this gothic structure took nearly 500 years to complete. You also may like to take a stroll around Milan's famous fashion district to catch up on the latest designs! (B)|
|Day 10||Milan||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single Room supplement: $468No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Paris:in single room $136-$211, in twin $72-$110, in triple $67-$105.Extra nights per person in Milan:in single room $90, in twin $57, in triple $54.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).