The only thing more impressive than Yellowstone National Park in the summertime is Yellowstone in winter-a time when the place seems magical! On this Yellowstone National Park winter tour, see Old Faithful without the crowds, marvel at the snowy landscapes, admire the bison as they shake off the snow, and be amazed by steaming geysers. Winter offers some of the best wildlife viewing because of the color contrasts between the animals and the snow, so have your cameras ready for animals such as bison, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, deer, and coyote.Enjoy a walking tour of the Upper Geyser Basin, the greatest geothermal basin on Earth, where you'll witness Old Faithful. Travel via snowcoach to some of the famous places in the park, and take an excursion to Lamar Valley, known to locals as the Serengeti of Yellowstone. This unique experience arranged by Globus gives you an opportunity to spot wildlife such as elk, bison, moose, wolves, coyotes, and more.On this magical Yellowstone winter vacation, you will also tour Grand Teton National Park and enjoy a sleigh ride in Jackson's National Elk Refuge, where as many as 10,000 elk congregate each winter-another special experience offered by Globus! You'll have leisure time to participate in some of the outdoor activities, such as snowshoeing or cross-country skiing, or you may choose to relax with a warm drink by a crackling fire. Regardless, you're sure to come away from this Yellowstone National Park winter tour with some amazing stories, fond memories, and unique photos.
Call (800) 571-4510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596591
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Jackson||Welcome to the 'Wild West' town of Jackson, Wyoming. At 6 pm, meet with your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||Yellowstone National Park||Your day begins in the nearby National Elk Refuge with a fun and exhilarating included [LF] SLEIGH RIDE. As many as 10,000 elk congregate here each winter, the largest concentration of wintering elk in the world. Your sleigh will travel among these magnificent creatures for a truly up-close experience. Be sure to keep your camera ready as we watch for other wildlife that's in residence this time of year, including wolves, coyotes, moose, bison, trumpeter swans, hawks, and even bald eagles. Departing Jackson, we travel through GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK, where some of the majestic peaks soar beyond 13,000 feet. At Flagg Ranch, board a SNOWCOACH and begin your journey through YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, the world's first national park. Along the way, marvel at the West Thumb Geyser Basin on the shores of Lake Yellowstone, the Continental Divide, and Shoshone Point Overlook before arriving at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge for a relaxing 2-night stay. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Yellowstone National Park||Wake up this morning to the fresh, crisp air of Yellowstone in the winter. After breakfast, enjoy a guided WALKING TOUR of the Upper Geyser Basin, the greatest geothermal basin on Earth. Here, you will view the most famous geyser in the park, Old Faithful, as well as other less predictable geysers, including Castle, Daisy, Riverside, and Grand Geysers. The remainder of the day is at leisure. Why not try a typical winter activity like snowshoeing or cross-country skiing? Later, relax with a warm drink by the crackling fire. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Gardiner||Travel north through the park today by SNOWCOACH, with stops to see the Lower Geyser Basin's famous Fountain Paint Pot-named for the reds, yellows, and browns of the mud-as well as pretty Gibbon Falls. At the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, enjoy a box lunch in a warming hut before proceeding to Upper Falls and thundering Lower Falls, which are nearly twice the height of Niagara. Have your cameras ready, because winter is the perfect time to spot bison, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, deer, and coyote. Later, arrive at mesmerizing Mammoth Hot Springs, where heat, water, limestone, and rock fractures have created a unique terrace feature. (B,L)|
|Day 5||West Yellowstone||This morning, join our excursion to [LF] LAMAR VALLEY, the magical 'Serengeti of North America.' Situated in the northeast section of the park, this large U-shaped valley was carved by glaciers during the last ice age, and is the perfect place for spotting elk, bison, bighorn sheep, coyotes, wolves, and cougars. It is also home to the park's largest concentration of grizzly bears! Next, we travel to Bozeman, Montana, before heading south to the town of West Yellowstone. With your free time this afternoon, consider visiting the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center to learn more about these intriguing predators as you encounter them up close. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Jackson||After breakfast, board your motorcoach for a journey through Idaho. Get a different perspective of the Tetons as we travel along the western side of the range and enjoy breathtaking views of the highest peak on the range: Grand Teton itself, which rises to an elevation of 13,777 feet above sea level. Tonight, celebrate your adventure with a festive farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Jackson||After a leisurely breakfast, bid farewell to newfound friends. The tour comes to an end with an included transfer to the airport. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement: $750Triple Room Reduction per person: $240Extra Nights per person in Jackson:2018: in single room $206; in twin room $108; in triple room $802019: in single room $224; in twin room $117; in triple room $872019 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in September 2018.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).