2017: The Baltic States, Russia & Scandinavia (6930)
16 days from Copenhagen to Stockholm
COPENHAGEN Quality Hotel Dan (ST) at Kastrup or First (F)BERLIN Park Inn Alexanderplatz (F)POZNAN Novotel Centrum (F)WARSAW Hampton by Hilton Center (ST)VILNIUS Grata (ST)RIGA Albert (ST)TALLINN Kreutzwald (F) or Park Inn Meriton (F)ST. PETERSBURG Sokos Olympia Garden (F) or Holiday Inn Moskovskye Vorota (F)HELSINKI Scandic Park (F)STOCKHOLM Clarion Arlanda (F) or Best Western Plus Sthlm (F) at Bromma
Call (800) 571-4510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13482108
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Copenhagen||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore the Danish capital. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Berlin||A morning of guided sightseeing to enjoy the famed charms from the past and present, including the LITTLE MERMAID and the rococo Amalienborg complex of royal palaces. In the afternoon, head for Gedser for the 2-hour FERRY crossing to Rostock. Then, onward by road to Berlin. (B)|
|Day 3||Poznan||Enjoy a morning at leisure in Berlin or join the optional sightseeing-a must for all who wish to experience the German capital's fascinating mix of history-laden past and confident present. This afternoon, cross the Oder River into Poland on the way to Poznan. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Warsaw||Touring eastwards this morning through pleasant agricultural lowlands, reach the Polish capital, Warsaw. Discover the city on your own, or find out more about its sights and history on the optional sightseeing tour. This is an excellent introduction to Warsaw's historic center, and you'll see why Warsaw is considered to be a phoenix 'par excellence,' as European cities go. (B)|
|Day 5||Vilnius||Journey northeast towards Augustow and Suwalki to reach the biggest of the three Baltic states, Lithuania. Overnight in quaint Vilnius-the pretty wedding-cake capital since the 13th century and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Vilnius||On the included sightseeing walk, visit the historic streets of the OLD TOWN. Later, enjoy some leisure time or take the optional excursion to visit medieval Trakai Castle on the shores of a picturesque lake. This evening, how about an optional folklore dinner? (B)|
|Day 7||Riga||An interesting journey as you travel right across Lithuania into Latvia for a stop in Pilsrundale to visit the restored baroque PALACE OF RUNDALE, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. The palace was built by the great architect Rastrelli, who also designed the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg. Enjoy more lovely countryside before reaching the capital of Latvia, Riga. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Riga||On the included tour of the OLD CITY with a Local Guide, walk through the narrow streets to the town center. Founded in 1201 by Bishop Albert, head of the Order of Teutonic Knights, Riga still boasts a multicultural population. (B)|
|Day 9||Tallinn||Visit the lively historical seaside town of Parnu, then take a stroll on the sandy beach before continuing to Tallinn. (B)|
|Day 10||Tallinn||Start the day with an included walking tour to appreciate Tallinn's history and beauty. The Old Town, now on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, is certainly the most interesting part of the city. Worth noting are the Hanseatic merchant houses, the mile-long town wall, the medieval Town Hall, and the House of the Brotherhood of the Blackheads. (B,D)|
|Day 11||St. Petersburg||Drive east today towards the border town of Narva and cross into Russia. Then, start the journey to St. Petersburg, considered by most travelers to be Russia's most fascinating city. (B,L,D)|
|Day 12||St. Petersburg||St. Petersburg was created in 1703 by the iron will of Peter the Great. He made it the capital of all the Russias and ensured that it should rival any other European capital in splendor, beauty, and distinction. The included city tour with a Local Guide introduces you to the palaces, parks, monuments, squares, wide boulevards, and 600 bridges that delight visitors with their symmetrical beauty. (B)|
|Day 13||Helsinki||Realize the huge expanse of Russia as you take a last glimpse of St. Petersburg. Then, set off north, traveling through dense pine forests dotted with numerous lakes. Cross into Finland and head for Helsinki. (B)|
|Day 14||Helsinki||The included sightseeing of the Finnish capital covers the Empire-style palace on Senate Square and the cathedral. The afternoon is free for your own exploration. This evening, embark on the FERRY to Stockholm. On board, you can enjoy music, dancing, and shopping. (B)|
|Day 15||Stockholm||Dock in Stockholm, perhaps the most beautiful of the Scandinavian capitals. The effect of its crystalline waters flowing through the city's intersecting canals gives a luminous appearance to palaces, castles, and parks. The best way to see and appreciate the highlights of Sweden's capital is to join the included sightseeing tour with a Local Guide. (B,D)|
|Day 16||Stockholm||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $860No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Copenhagen:in single room $115-$324, in twin $60-$184, in triple $59-$141Extra nights per person in Stockholm:in single room $131, in twin $71, in triple $61
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).