Brochure Type: AWS Europe Asia Central and North America 1718
Brush up on your photographic skills - you're going to need them on this fast-paced jaunt through Europe's celebrity cities of Rome, Florence, Venice, Paris and lesser-known Lucerne. Get snap-happy sightseeing at such highlights as the Vatican City, Eiffel Tower and the Duomo, people watch in the 'piazze' and marvel at a multitude of picture-perfect landscapes.
- City tour in Rome, Florence, Paris and London.
- Orientation of Venice and Lucerne
- See the Tuscan countryside, the Vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme Battlefield in France
- View the Colosseum and other ancient sites in Rome, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, the Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe in Paris and the White Cliffs of Dover
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- 9 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel
- Ferry across the Channel from Calais to Dover
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Drop-off if you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar, or from the London Reception Centre
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply. See airport transfer page link below for details
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (800) 571-4510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495165
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (2 Nights): Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City. Relax after your journey. In the evening enjoy an orientation drive where you see some of the major sites before enjoying a Welcome Reception with your fellow travellers and Travel Director.Welcome Reception|
Occidental Aurelia by Barcelo
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Sightseeing: Your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist takes you to visit St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City, one of the largest and most significant churches in the Christian world. Witness Michelangelo's Pietà, a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture. View the ancient sites in Rome including the Colosseum, where ancient gladiatorial contests took place. Spend time on your own experiencing the wonders of the Eternal City. In your free time perhaps join an Optional Experience to the Sistine Chapel or throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain and make a wish.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Florence||Rome - Florence Sightseeing: From Rome travel north into Tuscany, through rolling countryside and along the valley of the River Arno to Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance. Enjoy stories as you view the Duomo and then visit Piazza della Signoria during your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. Arrive later at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast|
Grand Hotel Mediterraneo
|Day 4||Venice||Florence - Venice: Upon arrival in Venice cruise the Giudecca canal and view the imposing Basilica and the ornate Doge's Palace before exploring this incredible city. Enjoy a Cultural Insight glassblowing demonstration. Perhaps sample dinner in one of the many restaurants or sip coffee 'al fresco' while listening to the orchestras in St. Mark's Square.Buffet Breakfast|
Novotel Venezia Mestre Castellana
|Day 5||Lucerne||Venice - Lucerne: Leave Venice and travel across the Veneto plains, then north to the Italian and Swiss Lake Districts via Como and Lugano. Marvel at the picturesque alpine scenery along the St. Gotthard route into central Switzerland, arriving later at Lucerne. Visit the Lion Monument, a memorial to Swiss Guards massacred in Paris in 1792 while guarding Louis XVI. Explore the Old Town and perhaps join an Optional Experience to one of the surrounding mountain peaks. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Paris||Lucerne - Paris (2 Nights): From Lucerne head northwest past Basel into France. See the extensive vineyards of Burgundy, one of the country's biggest wine producing areas. Arrive in the City of Light for a two-night stay. Tonight consider going to one of the city's most famous cabaret shows.Buffet Breakfast|
Novotel Tour Eiffel
|Day 7||Paris||Paris Sightseeing: During your sightseeing with your Local Specialist ascend to the second level of the Eiffel Tower by elevator and get a bird's eye view of the golden dome of Les Invalides. See the Arc de Triomphe and Place de la Concorde. Tonight dine with your Travel Director and fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||London||Paris - London (2 Nights): Say 'au revoir' as you pass the Somme battlefields en route to Calais. Sail across the Channel to Dover, continuing by coach through Kent to London, your final destination.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||London||London Sightseeing: Many major sights are included on your morning guided sightseeing tour including views of Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace with a Local Specialist. Your included sightseeing will finish in central London, so the rest of the day is free for you to explore this magical capital city.Full Breakfast|
|Day 10||Depart London||Depart London: Time to bid farewell to London and your fellow travelers as your memorable European vacation comes to an end. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply. Full Breakfast|
- Your London Hotel: This trip ends at our London Reception Centre or the Hilton Kensington hotel, providing that you have reserved your accommodation at this hotel through Trafalgar.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class