Brochure Type: AWS Europe Asia Central and North America 1718
Enjoy a taste of 'la dolce vita' and explore the larger-than-life verve of an ancient city that has influenced the world's heritage, art, culture and religion. Sit on the Spanish Steps with a gelato, admire Michelangelo's frescoed ceiling at the Sistine Chapel and enjoy a traditional Italian dinner with a local family at their iconic Rome address.
- City tour in Rome
- View the Spanish Steps, Bernini's Fountain of Four Rivers and the ancient sites of Rome including Circus Maximus
- Visit the Roman Catacombs, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, the Colosseum, Tivoli Gardens at Villa d'Este, St. Peter's Basilica and Sistine Chapel
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 1 Regional Meal lunch
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (800) 571-4510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495197
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (7 Nights): Welcome to Rome, capital of Italy. Relax after check-in at your centrally located hotel, or take a leisurely stroll through the city's ancient streets. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception at a traditional Pizzeria.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome City Highlights Walking tour and Catacombs Visit: After a leisurely start enjoy a walking tour with a Local Specialist through some of the oldest streets in Rome. Visit the famous Spanish Steps, immortalised in many Italian movies, and the Trevi Fountain where you will stop to toss a coin over your shoulder and make a wish to return to Rome. Visit inside the breathtaking Pantheon and marvel at the most preserved and influential building of ancient Rome. During the festive holiday season, enjoy free time walking around the city centre, soaking up the lights and atmosphere from Via Veneto to Via del Corso, or visit any number of churches to see the presepi, or Nativity Scenes. This afternoon leave the city centre and visit the ancient catacombs with a Local Specialist for a fascinating insight into Christian history in the city.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Rome||Rome Market Visit - Cooking Experience and Ancient Rome Sightseeing: Today experience life like a local in this bustling and vibrant capital city. Visit a local food market for a Cultural Insight with your insider host and select delicious local ingredients. Take a walk through the Jewish quarter and try focaccias and other delicious specialities in the neighbourhood bakeries. Arrive at Fooxia for a cooking course with a professional chef and learn how to make authentic Italian pasta. Enjoy a delicious lunch with typical Italian hospitality. Later, explore ancient Rome with a Local Specialist. Visit inside the impressive Colosseum and see the Circus Maximus where chariot races were once held.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 4||Rome||Rome At Leisure and Tivoli Villa d'Este Gardens Visit: Enjoy a morning At Leisure. Later travel to Tivoli for a guided visit with a Local Specialist of the UNESCO World Heritage Italian gardens of Villa d'Este. The architectural elements and water features here had an enormous influence on European landscape design.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Rome||Rome - Vatican and Sistine Chapel Visit: Your included sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist begins at the Vatican Museums. Trafalgar has priority early access as an official Partner of the Vatican Museums allowing entry before other Tour Operators and the general public. Admire Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded and more peaceful. Later visit St. Peter's Basilica to see the famous Pietà. Tonight enjoy a Regional Meal at a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 6||Rome||Rome At Leisure or Optional Experience to Pompeii: A completely free day to explore the city. Your Travel Director will give you some ideas and suggestions on how to spend your day. Alternatively you may wish to take an Optional Experience to visit the renowned excavations at Pompeii.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Rome||Rome At Leisure and Roman Farewell Dinner: Your last day in the city is completely yours to explore further or do last minute shopping for souvenirs. Your Travel Director will be able to suggest activities such as museums, shopping or sightseeing in the city. In the early evening meet for a unique Cultural Insight. Enjoy a Roman Farewell Dinner with a local family in their Isola Tiberina apartment. This apartment formerly belonged to film director Michelangelo Antonioni amongst other famous inhabitants. Today it is the home of Fabio and either he or other members of his family will host you for a delicious meal with your fellow travel companions.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: After breakfast, say farewell to Rome and your newfound friends as you prepare to return home after a memorable week in one of the world's greatest cities. Transfers to Rome Fiumicino Airport are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Why not extend your holiday by adding another City Explorer to this trip? For itinerary and departure details see WLON 'London Explorer' or WPAR 'Paris Explorer'.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class