Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
Fiery Sicily makes an appearance on this ramble through the Italy's south starting in Rome. Take a drive to Mount Etna and gain insight into Agrigento's Greek heritage in the Valley of the Temples before sightseeing in the capital, Palermo.
- Agrigento Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes a visit inside the UNESCO World Heritage Site the Valley of the Temples
- Mondello Visit the picturesque fishing village
- Monreale Visit inside the magnificent 12th century Norman Cathedral
- Mount Etna A drive takes you to Mount Etna for spectacular views of Europe's largest active volcano
- Palermo Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes a visit inside Palermo Cathedral
- Taormina Visit the town and enjoy views from Piazza Nove Aprile
- 8 buffet breakfasts
- 3 three course dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply
Call (800) 571-4510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495377
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome: Welcome to Rome. After check-in at your hotel, relax and unwind before meeting with your Travel Director in the afternoon. This evening consider taking a stroll around this fascinating city and soak up the historic atmosphere.|
|Day 2||Naples||Rome - Naples: Journey south past the Abbey of Monte Cassino to the city of Naples. Perhaps enjoy an authentic Naples Optional Experience through Spaccanapoli. Enjoy dinner at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 3||TAORMINA (GIARDINI NAXOS)||Naples - Taormina (Giardini Naxos) (2 Nights): Drive south via Salerno and through gorgeous Calabrian countryside. Take the ferry across the straits of Messina to Sicily and the town of Taormina - your home for the next two nights. This evening, enjoy dinner at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||TAORMINA (GIARDINI NAXOS)||Taormina Sightseeing and Excursion to Mount Etna: This morning enjoy a visit to Taormina town. Stroll along the elegant Corso Umberto to the Piazza Nove Aprile for splendid panoramic views across the bay. Spend free time shopping for souvenirs and handmade lace on the Corso. This afternoon take a scenic drive to Mount Etna the largest in Europe. Tonight consider an evening out for some local specialities.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Palermo||Taormina (Giardini Naxos) - Agrigento - Palermo (2 Nights): Drive to Agrigento on the southernmost coast of Sicily where the Valley of the Temples once formed part of an ancient Greek colony. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to seven ancient Greek temples dating from the 6th century BC. Meet with a Local Specialist and walk along the fortified ridge stopping at all the main temples. Admire spectacular views from the Temple of Juno overlooking the sea. In the afternoon continue to the Sicilian capital of Palermo in time for dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Palermo||Palermo Sightseeing and Excursion to Mondello and Monreale: This morning, meet your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour of the city which includes the honey-coloured cathedral and Piazza Bellini. Travel to the town of Monreale and visit the magnificent 12th century Norman Cathedral. Admire views of the Conca d'Oro before continuing your journey to visit the beautiful fishing village of Mondello. Later return to Palermo.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Naples||Palermo Free time - Overnight Ferry to Naples: Enjoy free time in Palermo this morning for exploration or consider an Optional Experience to visit the quaint medieval village of Cefalu. This evening board your overnight ferry to Naples.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Rome||Disembark in Naples - Rome: Travel back to the Italian capital of Rome this morning. There is time on arrival to do some last-minute sightseeing or shop for souvenirs. This evening you might like to celebrate the end of your holiday with a special dinner.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: This morning say 'arrivederci' to Italy, your Travel Director and fellow travellers as you prepare to return home with wonderful memories. Transfers are available to Rome Fiumicino airport. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class