2018: Highlights of Germany (6040)
12 days from Frankfurt to Frankfurt
FRANKFURT Qgreenhotel by Melia (F) or Mercure (ST) at FriesdrichsorfRHINELAND Leonardo Royal Am Stadtwald (F) or Leonardo Airport (ST)HAMBURG NH Collection City (F) or NH Altona (F)BERLIN City East Berlin (ST) or NH Alexanderplatz (F)LEIPZIG NH Leipzig Messe (F)NUREMBERG Ramada Parkhotel (F)MUNICH Ibis Parkstadt (ST) or Achat Premium South (ST)BLACK FOREST AREA H+ Hotel at Herrenberg (ST)FRANKFURT Leonardo Royal (F) or Mercure (ST) at Friedrichsdorf
Call (800) 571-4510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13597076
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Frankfurt||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to see some of Frankfurt. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Rhineland||Today's highlight is an included RHINE CRUISE from Oberwesel to Boppard to enjoy scenic views of the Rhineland, including the famous Lorelei rock. The next highlight is Cologne and a visit to its impressive gothic CATHEDRAL, started in 1248 and completed in 1880. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Hamburg||Journey into Niedersachsen to visit Hamelin. Admire its town center with its colorful historical buildings and magically fancy gables echoing the story of the Pied Piper. Continue to Hamburg, where you may want to join an optional harbor cruise. (B)|
|Day 4||Berlin||Start the day with an orientation drive in Hamburg, one of Germany's greatest maritime cities. Later, leave for Lubeck, formerly a free Hanseatic city and independent state. Lubeck, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is considered the cultural capital of northern Germany. Thomas Mann, Gunther Grass, and Willy Brandt-all Nobel laureates-were among the famous residents of this city. Later, arrive in Berlin and enjoy your first evening in the capital of Germany. (B)|
|Day 5||Berlin||No longer divided but every bit as fascinating, Berlin was once the city of contrasts with the wall separating two different worlds. Now, the city has developed into a harmonious blend of new and old, preserving its historical buildings and impressive boulevards as well as creating brand new buildings in the most daring architectural styles. See all of this on the included city sightseeing with a Local Guide. Maybe join an optional excursion this afternoon. (B)|
|Day 6||Leipzig||Travel southwest to Dresden, the old capital of Saxony and at one time rightly called the 'Florence on the Elbe.' See the ZWINGER CARILLON PAVILION and much more on your included sightseeing. Then it's on to Leipzig, where composers Johann Sebastian Bach and Felix Mendelssohn lived the last years of their lives. It was Mendelssohn who founded the Leipziger Conservatory in 1843. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Nuremberg||Leave Leipzig to visit Weimar, home to many intellectuals of the past but mainly known for the name given to the historical period of the 'Republic of Weimar.' This city is also famed as the home of the Bauhaus architectural movement in the 1920s. Next stop is Coburg. Visit the dominating and mighty VESTE COBURG CASTLE, built in 1225. Continue to Nuremberg for a visit to its famous town center, dominated by the imperial castle. (B)|
|Day 8||Munich||Drive along the Romantic Road, through towns and villages protected by medieval towered gates and battlements, with squares of half-timbered houses and richly decorated fountains. Visit a fine example of this architecture in the quaint medieval center of Rothenburg. Overnight in Munich. (B)|
|Day 9||Munich||With a Local Guide, take advantage of the included sightseeing tour of the city known as Germany's 'Secret Capital.' Time to admire the beautiful main square, MARIENPLATZ, do some shopping, and sample its most famous product-beer! (B,D)|
|Day 10||Black Forest||Leave Munich and drive into the heart of the Bavarian Alps to visit the most famous 19th-century, neo-romantic castle of the world, King Ludwig II's fairytale NEUSCHWANSTEIN CASTLE. Enjoy more idyllic scenery on your way through the Black Forest. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Frankfurt||The day starts with a visit to Heidelberg. This city is the location of Germany's oldest university and became an inspiration and myth for the German Romantic movement. From here, continue to Frankfurt. (B)|
|Day 12||Frankfurt||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $570 No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Frankfurt:pre tour: in single room $77-$233; in twin $53-$140; triples on request.post tour: in single room $82-$245; in twin / in triple $48-$140
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).