2018: Spiritual Highlights of Poland - Faith-Based Travel (5380)
8 days from Warsaw to Warsaw
WARSAW Mercure Grand (F)CZESTOCHOWA Mercure Centrum (ST)KRAKOW Conrad (F)
Call (800) 571-4510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13597641
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Warsaw||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore the Polish capital and prepare yourself for your upcoming spiritual journey. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Warsaw||Guided sightseeing of Warsaw includes a visit of the GHETTO, the largest of all Jewish ghettos in Nazi occupied Europe during WWII. Later, celebrate [M] Mass at ZYTNIA STREET CHURCH, home to the Congregation of our Lady of Mercy, where St. Faustina Kowalska entered the convent at the age of 20. During her life, she had visions of Jesus and conversations with him, which she wrote about in her diary. The afternoon and evening are at leisure to further explore this fascinating city. (B)|
|Day 3||Czestochowa||This morning, head towards Niepokalanow (City of the Immaculata) and visit one of the largest FRANCISCAN MONASTERIES in the world, founded by St. Maximilian Kolbe, who volunteered to die in place of a stranger at the Auschwitz Concentration Camp during WWII. Continue to Swinice Warckie and visit the 700-year-old PARISH CHURCH OF ST. CASIMIR, where St. Faustina was baptized. Head south to Czestochowa, spiritual capital of Poland, and attend [M] Mass at JASNA GORA MONASTERY, founded in 1382. Here, you can pray in front of the Black Madonna, a sacred national treasure. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Krakow||Journey to Wadowice this morning, birthplace of Pope Saint John Paul II. Find out more about his early life and visit BASILICA MINOR, where he was baptized, before continuing to Krakow, where he served as archbishop. Here, a Local Guide offers insight into this beautiful city, founded in the 7th century. Stop for a prayer at ST. MARY'S BASILICA, home to the largest gothic altarpiece in the world. In 1941, during Nazi occupation, the altar was dismantled and shipped to the Third Reich. It was discovered in 1946, in the basement of Nuremberg Castle, and was returned to Krakow a decade later. Also, on today's agenda is a stop at remarkable Wawel Castle, former residence of Polish kings. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Krakow||Travel to Auschwitz for a somber visit of the former CONCENTRATION CAMP with St. Maximilian Kolbe's cell. Declared the 'Patron Saint of Our Difficult Century,' the Polish Franciscan friar was canonized by Pope Saint John Paul II in 1982. Return to Krakow to visit the SHRINE OF DIVINE MERCY and spend a few moments of prayer at the tomb of St. Faustina. (B)|
|Day 6||Krakow||The entire day is free to explore Krakow, nestled at the base of the Tatra Mountains. You may enjoy the optional excursion to Zakopane, the 'Winter Capital of Poland.' This is where Pope Saint John Paul II spent time in prayer on some of the countless nature trails. Before returning to Krakow, visit quaint Jaszczurowka Chapel, dedicated to Pope Saint John Paul II. A superb example of the Zakopane architectural style, the small arcaded chapel features a traditional log cabin perched on a high stone foundation. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Warsaw||Leave Krakow and travel north back to Warsaw. Spend an afternoon at leisure or further explore the capital. (B)|
|Day 8||Warsaw||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $240Guaranteed shares availableNo triple room reduction.2019 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).